Sunday, April 02, 2006

Those Eyes [Guatemala City]
Her eyes say it all, yet what she says I can’t quite make out. I crouch before her, a wide angle lens framing a composition with her eyes and shoulders and her left arm all pointing in the same direction. She must be looking at another student.

Those eyes, rolled up and to her right, mostly white with just a piece of each pupil showing, they communicate. They dictate, giving orders to the mouth to form an almost imperceptible smirk. Those eyes must be looking at another student.

Each she answering a question from her teacher? Is she silently, gazedly responding to the whisper of a friend? Is she embarrassed by the nearness of my presence, unable to look at me, those eyes communicating “Why me? Let’s get this over with?”

Those eyes say it all. I’m just not quite sure what they are saying.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home